Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Blog #5

First 
Talked about 2-3 minutes
Brenda and David
Brenda is a bilingual major
Talked a lot kind of fast I think she was nervous rightfully so because this assignment was awkward.
I tried not to start the conversations but then silence tightened the interaction up.

Things I remembered later = David actually took command of the conversation by pointing out how awkward the assignment was.

Second
About 2 -3minutes into activity
Adrian is also and English major on the writing track who is a junior so he knows the deal with kean more experience
I tried not to start the conversations but then silence tightened the interaction up.

We talked about issues with credits at Kean which seemed to annoy him 
He was confident while speaking

Field notes

-after being forced to talked to random classmates, eventually students migrated back to people they were comfortable with.
-the assignment was uncomfortable at some points
-body language was hard to judge since everyone was recording what was being said (not natural)
-Looking back I should have not said a word and focused primarily on interactions around me
-The situation made me a little uncomfortable and distracted me from collecting accurate data


No comments:

Post a Comment